My best blatherings from 'The Scrivener's Fancy' are collected in a new eBook, available exclusively from this site for just six bucks!
'Scarcely Relevant' tries to answer these questions …
- Why did it take nine people to arrest me for fare evasion?
- Who is the world's most up-himself novelist?
- Why was I accused of embezzling money from a soap opera star?
- What is the best piece of music to listen to in the car wash?
- Can a new chocolate bar really be called a 'game-changer'?
- How did I break two ribs without realising?
- Why is Alvin Rides Again Australia's most disturbing movie?
- Is it polite to mention someone's new voice, post sex-change?
- Just how many Andre Rieu DVDs are there?
- How many times can you be mistaken for Andrew Denton in a week?
all this, plus …
- The Dark Knight in Run For Your Wife
- Hope & Crosby in Cormac McCarthy's The Road
- Anna Wintour edits Picture magazine
- The future of cat videos
and my salutes to …
Laserdiscs, The Shining, (Bud) Tingwell, 3D, Withnail and I, Bill Hunter, DVD extras, Franklyn Ajaye and Stewart Lee, gentleman heroin dealers, William Castle and swearing.